News and Opinions
Keep up to date with news and developments about the proposed Roşia Montană mine. The links below lead to interviews with and articles from guest contributors and perspectives on commentary from around the web, including:
- Catalin Hosu on a CNN report about Finnish mining, its positive effect on the local communities and how the Roşia Montană Project could have the same positive impact
- Titus Capilnean on the impact of mining on the supply chain, local suppliers and its contribution to economic development
- Joe Zammit-Lucia on a very significant and welcome shift in mindset around how and why we want to conserve our heritage
- Catalin Hosu on an Eastern and Central European mining potential article in the Mining Journal
- Catalin Hosu on a set of examples from EU member states regarding mineral resource policies and industrial developments
- Catalin Hosu on responsible mining examples from all over the world, featuring Finland, Sweden, New Zealand and the US
- Mike Armitage (Chairman of SRK Consulting) on the Rosia Montana data and sees no evidence of any additional minerals or elements that can be recovered commercially from its ore bodies.
- N. Ishwaran and J. Zammit-Lucia, in a series of four articles (I, II, III, IV), on a constructive approach regarding mining and heritage at Rosia Montana
This is a third article in a series of four pieces written by N. Ishwaran (Beijing) and J. Zammit-Lucia (Amsterdam). Mr. Natarajan…
This article is the second in a series of four pieces written by N. Ishwaran (Beijing) and J. Zammit-Lucia (Amsterdam). Mr. Natarajan…
This article opens a series of four pieces written by N. Ishwaran (Beijing) and J. Zammit-Lucia (Amsterdam). Mr. Natarajan Ishwaran is a Visiting…
As 2014 gets underway it’s a good opportunity to remind ourselves why the mining project would benefit Roşia Montană and Romania.
Overview of English tweets about Roşia Montană between 01 September 2013 and 17 February 2014 Create Infographics
RMGC has been active in Roşia Montană for years sponsoring and working with the local community to improve the quality of life in and around Roşia Montană, as well as providing the main source of employment in the region.
It is heartening that MEP Paul Rübig refers explicitly to Rosia Montana as an example of where a positive impact is possible economically as well as on the environment.
Roşia Montană is not the pristine landscape some believe it to be. In fact, it is a highly polluted area with severe environmental degradation.
Paul Rübig is Austria’s longest serving MEP and has led a distinguished business career. His parliamentary work includes co-chairing the Business and…
RMGC has already invested over US$30 million in the research and restoration of the cultural heritage from Roşia Montană.
This picture gallery shows some of the improvements that have already taken place, as well as others that are planned.