Keep up to date with news and developments about the proposed Roşia Montană mine. The links below lead to interviews with and articles from guest contributors and perspectives on commentary from around the web, including:
- Catalin Hosu on a CNN report about Finnish mining, its positive effect on the local communities and how the Roşia Montană Project could have the same positive impact
- Titus Capilnean on the impact of mining on the supply chain, local suppliers and its contribution to economic development
- Joe Zammit-Lucia on a very significant and welcome shift in mindset around how and why we want to conserve our heritage
- Catalin Hosu on an Eastern and Central European mining potential article in the Mining Journal
- Catalin Hosu on a set of examples from EU member states regarding mineral resource policies and industrial developments
- Catalin Hosu on responsible mining examples from all over the world, featuring Finland, Sweden, New Zealand and the US
- Mike Armitage (Chairman of SRK Consulting) on the Rosia Montana data and sees no evidence of any additional minerals or elements that can be recovered commercially from its ore bodies.
- N. Ishwaran and J. Zammit-Lucia, in a series of four articles (I, II, III, IV), on a constructive approach regarding mining and heritage at Rosia Montana
Titus Căpîlnean is Romanian, born and raised in the mining community of Baia Mare, Maramureș, a HULT Executive MBA graduate that has…
Role in the Rosia Montana Project Romania still has a protective regime for its mineral resource industry. Access to data to speak…
As 2014 gets underway it’s a good opportunity to remind ourselves why the mining project would benefit Roşia Montană and Romania.
Gold is much more than a luxury item – its use is critically important in fields like medicine and nanotechnology.